"ALS TDI is the first nonprofit in history, and in any disease, to bring a potential treatment from its own lab through FDA review and into clinical trial. I will continue supporting ALS TDI’s expanding pipeline of potential treatments knowing now that with their scientists and our support, dreams can become reality."
- Andrea Peet, living with ALS since 2014
"ALS TDI is one of the world’s most transformative medical research institutes focused on ALS. We have applied business principles with the leadership of Dr. Fernando Vieira to find a cure for ALS! I am proud to lead that effort as its Chairman."
- Augie Nieto, Chairman of the Board of ALS TDI, living with ALS since 2005
"My family and I learned about ALS TDI shortly after my diagnosis in 2007. I was just 21 years old. I feel as passionate about ALS TDI now as I did over 12 years ago. In a disease that can feel so hopeless, fundraising for ALS TDI has given me and my family a way to fight back."
- Corey Reich, living with ALS since 2007
"Though my father did not live to see it, he truly believed that by uniting the community, and working together to fund research, we could find a cure for ALS. Today, his legacy is alive in the ALS Therapy Development Institute and their relentless work to end ALS."
- Alex Heywood, son of Stephen Heywood, ALS TDI cofounder
who was diagnosed with ALS in 1998 and
passed away in 2006
"Tony did a lot of research, when he was able to, about who to donate to and who to partner with, and he felt strongly that because of Jamie Heywood and his situation with his brother, they were also as motivated as he was."
- Walter Tucker, brother of Tony Tucker who lived with ALS for 18 years
"My family and I are part of a pivotal moment in ALS history. And I believe that with ALS TDI’s laser focus, one day soon, ALS will actually be history!"
- Patty Haberstroh, living with ALS since 2017
"I am committed to give all I can because I know the people at ALS TDI are committed to give all they can as we research for treatments and a cure."
- Bill Hassel, living with ALS since 2007
"I support ALS TDI because not only is their focus on ALS research and finding a treatment, but ALS TDI focuses on the ALS community, those actually living with the disease. ALS TDI understands the urgency that people with ALS live with in finding a
treatment and is driven by that urgency."
- Jenny Dwyer, Member of the Board of ALS TDI, wife of Pat Dwyer, diagnosed with ALS in 2005 and passed away in 2013
"We have met the people who work at ALS TDI and their passion shines through, their personal connections to this disease drive
them. We believe they are one of the most progressive and effective institutes around, and they will be part of the cure."
- Jeremy Truman, husband of Amy Truman, diagnosed with ALS in 2013 and passed away in 2018
"I believe in the work of ALS TDI. ALS TDI is a family, and nothing is more important than family. We fight together!"
- Pat Quinn, living with ALS since 2013, passed away in 2020
"In my opinion, the research ALS TDI is doing will bring us closer to a cure than anything else going on."
- Bob Hebron, parent of Beth Hebron, living with ALS