We understand that the past few weeks have been tough for everyone and first and foremost we care about the safety of everyone in the ALS community.
Due to the rapid spread of COVID-19, many of the ALS Therapy Development Institute’s (ALS TDI) fundraising programs are being rescheduled or canceled. Although these events may not be able to happen in the same way as they usually do, research continues to push forward. Because funding is still needed, we are exploring new ways that our supporters can help to raise funds for the lab from wherever you are. Below we have listed some ways that you can help fund ALS research from home!
- Peer to Peer Fundraising – You can create personal fundraising pages to share with your networks. This can be done through our fundraising platform, RAISE, and emailed to your network or shared through social media. This is a great way to add a personal touch and explain why you believe in the important work being done in our lab. Create a RAISE fundraising page here.
- Creating a Facebook Fundraiser – Facebook has made it easy to set up a fundraising campaign whether it be for a birthday, holiday or in times of need. Using their platform will also allow you to share your connection to ALS TDI and why you are supporting us with your network. You can create a Facebook Fundraiser here.
- Join Gamers vs. ALS - Do you or someone you know currently stream games on Mixer or Twitch? ALS TDI recently partnered with Tiltify, the #1 fundraising charity platform for live streams, to start the Gamers vs. ALS program, and we want you to join us! Through Tiltify, you can support ALS research at ALS TDI while streaming to all your followers! Learn more about Gamers vs. ALS here.
- Join ALS TDI's Virtual Community Trivia - We will be hosting virtual trivia on Wednesday nights at 8:30 p.m. EST beginning on April 8. We invite you to take a break from the news and test your trivia knowledge by being a part of this interactive *virtual* community event. Each trivia night will be hosted by the staff of the ALS Therapy Development Institute and open to all who would like to play. Participants are asked to donate $5 to play for one night or $20 to play all four weeks in April. You can register here.
- Get Ready to Ride with the My-State Trek - Please join us for the newly revamped My-State Trek (usually the Tri-State Trek)! The My-State Trek offers you an opportunity to virtually ride with us, wherever you are, to keep our mission moving by raising funds for critical ALS research at the ALS Therapy Development Institute. Please register to join us for the My-State Trek and continue fundraising for ALS research.
- Hosting an Online Auction – Auctions or silent auctions often occur as part of a fundraising event. An online auction allows this to still take place if the actual events are unable to happen. If you have the capacity to secure items for an auction, hosting it virtually can allow you to still support ALS TDI.
- Livestream a Concert, Comedy Show, etc. – Are you or someone you know a performer? Do you or someone you know have a large following on social media? If so, you could live stream a concert, comedy show or other activity and encourage your followers to donate in support of the work being done at ALS TDI.
- Securing a Matching Donation Drive – Having a company or major donor that could match all donations made in a day? A donor match often inspires more people to donate as they know their impact will be doubled. If you have a connection that may be willing to match donations, reaching out personally can be an effective way to get them involved. You can find out if your company matches donations here.
We hope to continue our normal events as soon as is safely possible. Until then we hope to continue to raise the necessary funds to continue our vital ALS research. If you are interested in any of these ideas or have your own idea we would be happy to help you get started! Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or ideas.