Stay Home, Stream Games, and Support ALS Research
Are you finding yourself playing more video games than ever before as you fight cabin fever while social distancing? Or perhaps you want to share your new baking skills, or put on a virtual concert for your friends, family, and followers. Maybe you or someone you know already live streams on Twitch or Mixer? Either way, you can unite your followers in support of a good cause by streaming to support the ALS Therapy Development Institute ( ALS TDI).
Recently ALS TDI partnered with Tiltify, the #1 fundraising charity platform for live streams, to establish the Gamers vs. ALS program. Whether you have 50 followers or 5,000 you can now use your streaming network to support the vital research being done at ALS TDI.
From Fortnite to League of Legends, whatever your game of choice may be, you can raise awareness for ALS and the Gamers vs. ALS program simply by streaming to your followers and asking them to donate. Streamers can sign up on Tiltify to participate in the campaign right now.
Gamers aren’t the only ones invited to participate, however. Anyone can sign up and stream just about anything, from music to dance to comedy to cooking… your imagination is the only limit!
The Gamers vs. ALS campaign launched in April and we will be hosting a special event the week of May 3-9, 2020, the first week of ALS Awareness Month. In 2020, our goal is to have 100 individual gamers or streamers participate in the Gamers vs. ALS program. If each person raises at least $100, that would raise $10,000 which would directly fund ALS research at ALS TDI. With your help, we can do it!
Interested in participating but not sure where to start? Follow these steps:
- Go to the Gamers vs. ALS event on Tiltify: https://tiltify.com/als-therapy-development-institute/gamers-vs-als
- Click the “Register” button and then create or sign in to your Tiltify account
- Select “Individual Campaign”
- Customize your campaign name, description, URL and goal
- Create a campaign
- In your campaign's dashboard, there are links where you can copy your campaign URL for sharing and your donate URL to put the donate button onto your Twitch page.
- Stream your game of choice and share with your followers and on social media to raise money for ALS TDI!
Here are some tips to remember when streaming:
- Share your connection to ALS TDI and why you have chosen to stream for us
- Ask viewers to make a donation – it may seem obvious, but making the ask reminds your followers they play a part in this too
- Ask your viewers to share your stream with their network and on social media
- Thank your donors live. This is a great personal touch that shows you appreciate their support
- Most importantly have fun and remember you are doing this to support a great cause!
Now, more than ever, we need the support of the community to fund ALS research. Please consider joining our Gaming for ALS program today or sharing it with your network.
Want to learn about more ways that you can support ALS TDI? Visit our website here.